Trane is one of the most reputed brands in the HVAC industry. They create and give consumers high-quality heating and cooling systems that amaze with durability and energy efficiency. If you already have a Trane product or are thinking about purchasing one, a Trane Comfort Specialist will guide you when navigating your options.
Page Table of Contents
What is a Trane Comfort Specialist?
The Trane Comfort Specialist is an independent Trane dealer determined to be the best in employee training, customer satisfaction, installation, and service. Not all Trane Dealers become Trane Comfort specialists, but only those who prove a deep commitment to customer satisfaction reach Trane’s strict standards and don’t stop learning new things in their field. We talk about Trane dealers who don’t stop training as they are determined to keep updated with Trane’s latest technology. They make sure that you buy the most suited heating or cooling system for your household. They help you identify the reliable and energy-efficient system and give you the comfort you want within the set budget.
Many Trane Comfort Specialist dealers include NATE certified technicians. The American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is part of the Nate Coalition. This is yet, another proof of the level of training and excellency that Trane Comfort Specialists show.
How to become a Trane Comfort Specialist?
We want to highlight that not every dealer is also a Trane Comfort Specialist dealer. Independent dealers meet Trane’s high standards and show commitment to customer satisfaction and continuing education every year. As a result, they qualify for Trane Comfort Specialist status. If you’re a customer and look to buy a Trane product, look for Trane Comfort Specialist dealers—you will get the best experience and the best product for your needs.
However, if you’re on the other side of the process as you’re a Trane dealer interested in becoming a Trane Comfort Specialist, here are the steps you will need to take to achieve your goal:
Sign up for the program
The Trane Comfort Specialist™ program is created to support dealerships’ efforts to improve their retail business. Dealers learn to focus on customer service, complete customer satisfaction, and win customers’ confidence to lead to constant referrals.
The program consists of four components:
- Customer Satisfaction guaranteed
- A survey process to measure and deal with customer satisfaction on every job
- Business Management tools and training along with the TCS Operations manual
- Marketing support to advertise the dealer’s new status as a TCS dealer committed to customer satisfaction
What are the requirements?
As a Trane dealer, you will need to meet specific requirements to join the program:
- Dealers must have signed the current year Trane Dealer Sales Agreement
- Dealers need a minimum annual purchase requirement of $100,000 for Trance HVAC equipment
- More than 85% of the dealer’s directable equipment purchases must be Trane
- The dealers purchasing account have to be according to the Star Supply Company
- Provide with 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee for one year on the performance of the Trane products
- Show a commitment to customer satisfaction by obtaining at least 90 on the Customer Satisfaction Score (CSS). Dealers should also reach at least an 85% Referral Rate on the Trane consumer survey program
- TCS dealers from the previous year must obtain the minimum survey scores throughout the qualifying period between October 1 through September 30
There are no minimum survey submission requirements because Trane has developed a process to automatically survey all clients who participate in any Trane consumer marketing offer or have bought a Trane extended warranty. Clients claimed by the dealer in the local sales club promotion also participated in the survey.
TCS dealers can still submit consumer addresses for the survey procedure.
- A probationary period of 90 days is available for the Trane dealers. During the 90 days, the dealers must receive an adequate number of survey returns to validate the customer satisfaction scores of 90 (satisfaction score), respectively 85% (referral rate). Dealers who fail to reach these scores will have to leave the program.
- Dealers who continue education
- The independent TCS dealers and their Star Supply Territory managers must create and develop an annual training plan according to the needs of the employees. The requirement is also for the subcontractors who operate on behalf of the dealer. The Star Supply Company can also endorse and agree with local training programs that are adequate for the dealership.
Why become a Trane Comfort Specialist?
Your family physician is the first to call every time you or a family member has a medical issue. If there’s a tooth nagging you, you make an appointment with your dentist. If your car breaks down in the middle of the road, contact the local expert mechanic.
It’s the same with your HVAC system. If anything goes wrong, you will most likely call not an HVAC technician but the certified Trane Comfort Specialist who helped you get that HVAC system. They have certifications that show their high professionalism, dedication to customer service, and stay updated with Trane’s latest technology and products.
Whenever your HVAC system needs some easy fixes, repairs, or regular maintenance, you will reach your most trustworthy local HVAC professional. Their badge (yes, they do have one) proves that they have earned that title through hard work, dedication, and continuous education.