Since the Hitachi C10FL Table Saw is now out of production, here are some suggestions for you to consider:
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- Telescoping table extension supports 35" Of ripping capacity to the right and 22" To the left
- Soft start function reduces noise and recoil at start-up
- Equipped with a 3/4" T-slot miter gauge that features a large scale with adjustable positive stops at 0, 15, 30, 45 and 60 degrees to the left and...
- Direct drive Universal 15 amp motor produces 4, 500 RPM to power through the toughest ripping applications
- Powerful: 10 in. Worksite band saw: features 15 amp circular saw that delivers 4. 0 max Hp and 3, 650 RPM for the power required for ripping, rip...
- Saves space: large cast aluminum top provides increased work space and material support with a 25 in. Ripping capacity to cover all typical jobsite...
- PORTABILITY: Works seamlessly with the included lighter GTA47W Gravity Rise Wheeled Stand for easy jobsite mobility, with single action setup and take...
- Protection: Smart guard system contains riving knife and Anti-Kickback pawls provide protection, while the guard assembly provides a barrier to help...
- Soft start circuitry: manages the intensity of motor start up and minimizes the possibility of tripping a circuit breaker
- EASY ADJUSTMENTS: DEWALT's Rack and Pinion telescoping fence rails make table saw fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- RIP CAPACITY: 24" of rip capacity, easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials
- MODULAR GUARDING SYSTEM: Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows for tool free adjustments of the guarding components appropriate for each application
- MORE POWER: 15 Amp 4800 rpm motor quickly rips through hardwoods with ease
- TABLE SAW STAND INCLUDED: Includes a heavy-duty table saw stand that folds flat for easy storage
Page Table of Contents
Informinc’s Review of the Hitachi C10FL Table Saw
Whenever you’re in need of a reliable and powerful table saw, don’t hesitate to take a look at the Hitachi C10FL. The table saw makes a nice first impression with its professional look, but it’s a lot more than meets the eye. As a matter of fact, the table saw brings plenty of good things to the table and you should consider it when shopping for a new table saw.
What are the features of the Hitachi C10FL?
Even though the professional appearance is the first thing that strikes you, the table saw provides good performance and comes with plenty of good features.
The Hitachi C10 FL comes with a 3HP 15-Amp induction motor which is going to help you cut even the most difficult material. Despite its strength, the operation is rather smooth and the motor sits rather on the silent side. The motor can send a maximum of 3450RPM to the blades which is plenty of power, for sure. We also have to highlight that the motor is enclosed so that it’s protected from debris and dust. This is only going to help with its durability.
The table saw also includes blade adjustment so you’re not going to have difficulties cutting wood of various height and depth. Adjusting the blade and tilting is going to make any job a lot easier and more precise. The design is well thought out and the blade tilt and blade height adjustment knobs are placed up front, which ensures easier access.
You’re not going to have to worry about the working area as the Hitachi C10FL comes with a wide working area. It offers plenty of open-space and you practically have no limitations when making straight cuts. You get 27×40 inches of space for the table top, which is bigger than many models of table saw out there. In addition, it also comes with an extension wing, providing you wider space to work on.
The list of features doesn’t stop here and the table saw also features a knee switch, so you may easily power on/off the table saw with a knee jerk.
The saw alignment is great right out of the box and it’s going to stay that way for quite some time.
If you’re planning to retrofit your own fence with this one, you should definitely try it as the table saw is up for the task. The micro adjustment on fence is going to give you better results most of the time.
The dust collection system is another great feature on the Hitachi C10FL. It’s going to help you leave your workshop nice and clean after each job. It works just fine with just a small shop vac. You’re going to need to air pressure clean the gears and adjustment any now and then, but it’s not a difficult job at all.
The cast iron trunnions and the benchtop with T-slots complete the detailed image of the Hitachi C10FL. The table saw comes with a Deluxe caster set which is going to come in handy for any dedicated handyman.
The build is quite solid and the table saw has a durability feel to it. The base is heavy, reducing the operational vibrations.
What are the downsides of Hitachi C10FL?
Even though the Hitachi C10Fl comes with a base, its design sure could use some improvement. Even though it moves, it’s still missing the overall smoothness that most movable tables saw present. One could compliment it by saying it’s jittery, but that’s pretty much all you can say about it. Any ridges on the floor could practically bend the rollers. It seems that isn’t quite a rare situation and the whole description for this model being “stationary table saw” isn’t that true after all.
In addition, the table saw also sits on the heavy weight side, which makes the movability feature a bit useless. Even though it’s movable, you’re not going to be able to do it that easy. Not on your own, anyway.
As aforementioned the dust collection compartment keeps the things nice and clean in your workshop, but its placement is a bit weird. The dust collection compartment is inside, so you don’t really know what is collecting. Some mention a potential fire hazard as the sawdust that enters is pretty hot from all that friction. Therefore, the risk of a fire is never null when using this table saw.
Using the table saw isn’t going to be difficult, if you know a thing or two about this kind of jobs. However, you’re not going to be able to rely much on the instructions that come with the Hitachi C10FL. You’re definitely going to need some sound knowledge about operational parts of any table saw, in order to make it work. If you’re new to this, you are going to find yourself in a pickle.
Some also found the fence to be a bit flimsy and keeping it adjusted was pretty challenging too. The side wings could be the subject of improvement, for sure.
What are the pros and cons of Hitachi C10FL?
Let’s go over the pros and cons so that you can have the better picture on the table saw.
Here are the parts we like about it:
- It presents a professional appearance
- It comes with a strong motor
- The motor runs smooth and has a durability feel to it
- The motor is enclosed and protected against dust and debris
- The work space is wide and expandable as well
- The build is solid
- The dust collector keeps the workshop clean and nice
- It comes with adjustable blades
- It features a knee switch for easier operation
- It’s a good choice for the common jobs in a workshop
- The base is heavy and solid, minimizing the vibrations
Even though its inherent flaws aren’t deal breakers, we still need to list them so that you can have the real picture:
- It’s a bit heavy so moving it is going to be difficult
- The instructions aren’t easy to follow
- The dust collector provides no visibility
- The dust collector poses a risk of fire
- The fence could use some improvement
What’s our final thought?
Even though the Hitachi C10FL does come with some inherent downsides, it’s still a wise investment to make for your workshop. Reliable for most jobs, silent and durable, it’s going to ensure good performance and it’s not going to break the bank either.
Here’s the video review by Mike Kapotsy on the Hitachi C10FL:
Best Selling Table Saws on Amazon Trending Now:
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Direct drive universal 15 Amp motor produces 4,500 RPM to power through the toughest ripping applications
- Soft start function reduces noise and recoil at start up
- Electric brake halts the rotation of the blade within seconds for added safety
- 10 inches 40 Tooth carbide tipped blade included for high cutting capacity
- Features a 15.0A high torque motor with the power to cut pressure treated lumber and hardwoods
- This product is manufactured in Mexico; Tool Weight: 90 pounds
- This product meets customer requirement
- No Load Speed:4800 rpm
- Prime Video