You don’t need to be an HVAC professional to see that American Standard air conditioners are some of the most reliable and prestigious models. Together with Trane and Carrier, American Standard is a reputed company manufacturing air conditioners, heat pumps, ductless AC, packaged HVAC units, and furnaces.
Page Table of Contents
How much is the American Standard Air conditioner
Don’t go shopping just yet as there are many factors to consider before buying air conditioning. Complexity grade of installation, the size of your house, and the climate where you live are some of the many aspects that will impact the total cost of your system. It’s one of the reasons why many HVAC manufacturers don’t list the prices on their websites. We will provide you with some numbers, but we wish to remind you that they reflect the national average prices among all dealers. Your local dealer might quote you a different price from what we present.
American Standard Air Conditioner Prices
The price for an American Standard AC unit varies between $3,575 and $6,178, with installation costs including. The final spending to replace the current AC unit depends on the size (measured in TONS) of the air conditioning system you need for your house and the SEER rating. The SEER rating for American Standard air conditioners ranges from 13 to 20. The cooling stages will also come into play. For instance, you will need a 2,5-ton air conditioner for a 1,600 sq. ft. Home. With installation, you will pay almost $3,800.
We cannot stress enough the importance of talking with your local American Standard dealer. They will give you the most accurate estimates on the installation costs for your house and the price for possible additions and particular features.
Prices according to the model
American Standard offers three series of air conditioners (Platinum, Gold, and Silver), with Platinum as the top-of-the-line series for American Standard.
Here are the prices for units within each series, according to their energy efficiency—the higher the energy efficiency, the higher the price for the unit:
- Platinum 20- it has a 20 SEER rating. The Ac unit is $2,450, whereas installation is around $6,750.
- Platinum 18 has an 18SEER rating and the unit is $1,980. Installation costs are $5,700.
- Gold 17- the units have a 17 SEER rating and a $1,705 price tag. Installation costs are around $5,000.
- Silver 16- units within this series have a 16 SEER rating and cost around $1,600. Installation costs are less than $5,000 ($4,900).
- Silver 14- the units have a 14 SEER rating and a $1,460 price tag. The installation is around $4,200.
- Silver 13- the units in the low tier have a 13 SEER rating, a $1,370 price tag, and cost $3,795 for installation.
Prices according to the unit size
One of the many reasons why an air conditioning unit might not work for your house is the wrong size. The best AC unit will handle the cooling and heating needs of your home’s square footage. American Standard AC units range from 1.5 to 5 Tons, and prices start at $2,000 and go as high as $5,000 to install. You will need a 2 TON unit to heat and cool a 1,300 sq. ft. House. You will pay around $3,600 for installation.
Here are the prices according to the size of the unit:
- 1.5 tons- it’s appropriate for 600-1000sq.ft. Houses. The Ac unit costs around $1,200 and the installation costs around $3,500.
- Two tons- get it if your house is between 1,000 and 3,000 sq. ft. You will pay $1,390 for the AC unit and $3,600 for installation.
- 2.5 tons- it’s for 1,300 to 1,600 sq.ft. Houses. The AC unit costs almost $1,500, whereas installation costs around $3,700.
- 3 tons- it’s a good size for houses of 1,600 to 1,900 sq.ft. The AC unit is $1,670, whereas installation is almost $4,000.
- 3.5 tons- Houses of 1,900 to 2,00 sq. ft benefit from this size. The AC unit is $1,850 and installation will cost you $4,190.
- 4tons- these are units suitable for 2,200 to 2,600 sq.ft. Houses. They can get as high as $2,000, with installation costs of $4,500.
- Five tons- houses ranging from 2,600 to 3,200 sq. ft will be adequately cooled with these units. They cost 2,625, and installation costs are around $5,600.
What impacts the HVAC costs
It’s challenging to get a fixed price for your air conditioner system. It’s because many aspects will impact the total cost. Here’s a closer look at the factors that affect the final price for your American Standard air conditioner:
Climate and region
When you live and the type of climate you experience are crucial when choosing the heating and cooling system for your house. If you live in the humid southeast, your air conditioner should be more extensive during the summer than someone living in the mild northeast. Always pay attention to the climate you live in so that you can benefit from the most energy-efficient system for your household.
Your home’s ductwork
Ductwork is crucial for the HVAC’s performance and directly impacts how the system heats or cools your home. The condition of the current ductwork will affect the air conditioner’s performance. Sometimes, you will need to improve or replace the existing ductwork before the contractor installs the new unit.
Your home’s built
Well-insulated roofs, doors, windows, walls, and more are important and reduce the need for heating and cooling. Therefore, you won’t have to look for the most powerful air conditioning unit. However, you will still need larger or several units if your house is rather significant. Bigger units also mean higher prices.
Complexity grade of installation
The installation price will increase when a new system is tricky to install. Installing a unit in difficult-to-access spaces or old and historic homes are some of the most challenging applications. Retrofitting, customized parts or extra insulation are some aspects that will increase the price of the installation.
The extra features
System improvements will increase your spending, but they are worth it in the long run. For instance, an intelligent thermostat, AccuLink, lets you adjust the variable speed system and set the perfect indoor temperature while you’re away from home. You will do it remotely from an app on your phone or tablet. With AccuClean Whole-Home Air Cleaner’s superior filtration system, you will breathe fresher and cleaner air and eliminate allergy and asthma triggering particles. Additionally, your air conditioning system will perform more effectively and save you energy and money on the electricity bill.
Here’s an animated video touching on cost of unit, and other long-term costs like coil and refrigerant change, and some warranty terms: